WELCOME TO GOREY CHAMBER!
A Message from our President
Welcome one and all to Gorey Chamber. Listed below is a summary of our ethos and governance culture which I hope will give you some insight into the workings of the chamber. I wish to extend an invitation to you to join the Chamber and with your participation we will work together to maximise the benefits for North Wexford in this era of economic growth.
Governance of the Chamber?
Chamber governance is open to all Members wishing to participate. We are a voluntary managed Chamber operating on a not for profit basis with annual accounts subject to external competent auditing and publication at our Annual General Meeting. We currently have four key management and oversight committees:
- Gorey Chamber Board
- Services to Business Committee
- Gorey Chamber Finance Committee
- Retail & Tourism Working Group.
If you would like to join a committee, or working group, get in touch with us at email@example.com
What do we do?
Gorey Chamber is a collective voice representing local business interests which includes lobbying and representation with Local and National Government agencies. Gorey is a unique market town with a hard won reputation for quality and diversity of service and it is our primary goal to maintain, and develop, that reputation to maximum effect. We do this specifically by:
- Lobbying on an ongoing basis for improved access in , and around, North Wexford including reasonably priced, and readily available, parking within the urban area.
- Maintaining a strong and active strategic partnership with Wexford County Council, local Representatives and business development groups, and programmes.
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with existing businesses in Gorey through business networking meetings and regular contact on a one to one basis.
- Promoting Gorey as a leading Retail and Tourist destination within county Wexford and as far north as South County Dublin.
- Working on an ongoing basis with relevant agencies to promote North Wexford as a strategic location for Services and Technology business relocation and start up.
- Encouraging new businesses to set up in North Wexford with a range of Business Advice Services and ongoing support.
- Helping existing businesses in Gorey to expand and develop.
- Reaching out to the wider community by partcipating in, and promoting, local community development projects and charity events.
- Improve crime prevention measures through Business Watch in conjunction with Gorey Garda Station.
I would encourage you to become a member and reap the rewards.