One local person will win a €500 shopping spree in Gorey this Christmas – simply by finding an elf and taking a selfie with it.
This innovative competition from Gorey Chamber of Commerce will run from November 30th until December 15th and all entrants have to do is visit the Main Street and find the elf hidden in one of the retail stores.
Once readers have found the life-size cut-out they should take an ‘elfie’ with Santa’s little helper and post it to the competition gallery on the Gorey Chamber website.
The Elf will move from store-to-store each day.
A prize of €500 in gVouchers is on offer, with one lucky winner selected at random and announced on December 20th.
“We wanted to run a promotion that would engage local people, but also drive real footfall into our shops over the festive period,” said Gorey Chamber CEO Diarmuid Devereux.
“This competition ticks both boxes and is sure to add to the wonderful festive atmosphere around Gorey this Christmas.
“So get the whole family together and take a stroll down the main street to see if you can find the elf hiding in one of the shops.”
Enter the competition below
- The promoters are Gorey Chamber of Commerce.
- The prize is €500 worth of gVouchers that can be redeemed in any of the 44 businesses listed on this website.
- Employees or agents of Gorey Chamber, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
- The prize is not transferable.
- The competition is open to all residents on the island of Ireland aged 18 years and over.
- A valid entry consists of a photo of at least one person alongside the lifesize cutout of the Elf, pictured above.
- Entries must be entered online in the online form only.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
- The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
- The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- Pictures submitted via the competition entry form may be used on the Gorey Chamber social media channels and website.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- Details of the competition winner will be published on The Gorey Chamber website and social media.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- Competition ends Dec 15th, 2019.